V8 / 4700 cc
5 Speed Manual
Sateen Silver Exterior & Red Leather Interior
The first generation of Chevrolet Corvette was introduced late in the 1953 model year. Originally designed as a show car for the 1953 Motorama display at the New York Auto Show, it generated enough interest to induce GM to make a production version to sell to the public. A new body was introduced for the 1956 model featuring a new "face" and side coves; the taillamp fins were also removed. The 1958 Corvette received a body and interior freshening which included a longer front end with quad headlamps, bumper exiting exhaust tips, a new steering wheel, and a dashboard with all gauges mounted directly in front of the driver. In 1961, the rear of the car was completely redesigned with the addition of a "duck tail" with four round lights. This 1957 Corvette came to The Wilson Collection in 2002 after being restored to 1957 Sebring Race Appearance. It has some modifications at the owners request including a D-Type Jaguar steering wheel, and Aston fuel filler, Halibrand Engineering wheels, Lucas "Flame Thrower" lights, and AC seats. In addition, the car has extensive frame, suspension, brakes, engine, and transmission modifications for better performance.