Inline 4 / 1897 cc
4 Speed Manual
Fire Engine Red Exterior & Black Leather Interior
The Mercedes-Benz 190SL (W121) is a two-door luxury roadster produced by Mercedes-Benz between May 1955 and February 1963. Internally referred to as W121 (BII or B2), it was first shown as a prototype at the 1954 New York Auto Show, and was available with an optional removable hardtop. The 190SL presented an attractive, more affordable alternative to the exclusive Mercedes-Benz 300SL, sharing its basic styling, engineering, detailing, and fully independent suspension. Both cars had double wishbones in front and swing axles at the rear. Instead of the 300SL's expensive purpose-built W198 tubular spaceframe, the 190SL's R121 structure used a shortened unitary floorpan modified from the W121 base saloon. This numbers matching 1957 Mercedes-Benz 190SL came to The Wilson Collection in 2010 after several owners and many years of use. The car went through significant restoration work through 2014 to bring it back to all original form. Call it Sport Leicht or Super Leight it doesn't matter to us. It is still a beauty and a daily driver!